Hi,
I'd like to add a custom field which allows our QA Engineers to put their name against a ticket once it moves into Review status.
So the flow would be:
- Developer changes a ticket's status to Review
- Ticket appears on the dashboard of everyone in QA (via a status = Review filter)
- Whoever wants the ticket can jump in and add their name to a "In testing with:" field via a custom "User Picker" field.
Everything's fine except the custom User Picker field. I've got it to appear when I create issues BUT unless I populate it with a user's name at that stage it's never available on any of my screens.
Using the various "Where's my field?" options I'm told that the field has no value so won't be shown on the screen I'm looking at.
But that's the point, the field won't have a QA Engineer assigned when it's created, the engineer will put his / her name against the ticket after a developer has put the ticket into Review status.
I just want an empty "User Picker" field available for later use, I don't want to have to put a name into the field when the issue is first created.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,
Steve