I am an administrator of a project and I have tried to find out how to enter a due date for an issue but no previous answers are clear. I cannot find an 'Administration' page or a place to alter permissions. The nearest I can find is a Project Settings page which shows Permissions and a list where 'Schedule Issue' just tells me who can do it. I cannot find a place to enable due dates to appear in issues.
Can anyone assist?
Hi Shane,
Try using the 'Where is my field?' - which appears top right hand corner of the Create Issue popup window.
It will tell you why you don't see that field -- it'll be to do with your field configuration scheme for that issue type, the field screen in use or perhaps the permission scheme.
Hope that helps.
Thanks for your response Melinda. I don't have a 'Where is my field'. I have a 'Configure Fields' and it does not include the due date option there.
Any other ideas?
Check with your sys admin, they will have access to 'Where is my field?'. It will let you know if Due date field is in your field configuration for that issue type -- alternatively, you can go check that out.
As per: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/due-date-field-is-missing-189431917.html
The "where is my field" link is under the "configure fields" button - you have to click "configure fields" to get it.
In our case, a user was not able to see and enter a due date because our project is "Service Desk" type and the user is not a member of the "Service Desk Agent" permission.
If we add this user as "Service Desk Agent" permission, the field is shown.
He was able to enter a due date via the customer portal though.
Hope this can help.
You need to add the filed using issue configuration screen for each project.
Or by going to Filed configuration in issue settings > Select default field configuration or (the issue config you want updated) then search for "Due date" and then click on screens and associate the filed with screens you need the filed to show up in. Hope this helps.
I am admin for several boards. And I have one board out of three that does not show the "due date" field. The "due date" field it is configured and visible in the field configuration section, but not visible when I open a ticket.
I suspect this has to to with some weird global project setting, but can't find some additional setting. Any idea where to search?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.