Here's what I want to do:
I want to limit what type of issue customers can create, i.e. I want all incoming things to first be "New Issue"
The team will then vet these "New Issues" and determine what they actually are and route them appropriately.
I want the customer to be able to view the issue still and see what we changed it to. In short I want to limit the issue type that the customer can create, but NOT limit the type they can see and comment on / get emailed / etc.
So summary:
1. client can create only 1 issue type - "New Issue"
2. Team will change "New Issue" into "New Feature" or "Bug" or "Question"
3. Client should now see that their "New Issue" has become a "Bug" (for example)
4. Client can see/edit/comment/track this bug.
WHY DO I WANT THIS?
- 1 the customers in this case are often wrong about what kind of issue it is
- 2 having things as "new issue" gives a clear indicator of what the team has not vetted yet. New Issue means to the team, "we haven't even looked at that yet"
CAN THIS BE DONE?