Hello all,
I am looking for a point of clarity in regards to active directory, JIRA and user creation. From reading the following page it seems that users are created automatically from my AD instance and I just need to give them application access. But that isn't working for me right now.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/synchronizing-data-from-external-directories-802592362.html
I am just want to make sure I understand what really happen in regards to user creation in JIRA with AD. Which of the following is true?
A. Users created in AD are sync'd to JIRA and to get them JIRA access they just need to be give application access, and any needed rights.
B. Users need created in JIRA and linked to the User Directory for how they authenticate and given application access. Then once a sync has completed they can login and access the application.
The reason I am asking is we have some new users in AD that aren't showing in JIRA. My understanding was that option A, above, is what happens. So either I have a problem or I have a misunderstanding of how this works. Trying to figure out which.
Thanks for any help.
Philip