I’m looking for a way to compile a table on a Parent page that is made up of entries in tables on Child pages.
Here is my scenario: I have a Parent page on which I monitor the status of all tasks (in Child pages) via the Page Properties macros. We copy the page format for every new task (potentially hundreds of them, so Excerpt + Excerpt Include isn't feasible).
Each Child page also has a table used to track purchases related to the task, sometimes as many as ten rows of individual parts but always the same columns. Unfortunately, when I try to use the Page Properties macros to combine these all on to the Parent page, it only copies the first row of the table and nothing else.
Is there a better way to do this? Essentially I’m in need of a way to compile/filter all tables from children into one “summary table” on the Parent page, to track their status the way page project status is tracked with the Page Properties macros.
Perhaps I’m looking at the problem incorrectly? Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!