No. There's no way Jira can know what a post-function might do, so it can't roll-back anything.
If it’s not possible that’s one thing..but Jira is backed by a database...and databases can be transactional...so theoretically it should be possible without Jira knowing the details of the post functions.
In theory, yes. In reality, no.
Jira is not really backed by a database. It uses a database as a data store for convenience, avoiding writing its own data storage mechanisms and to take advantage of some database functions that aren't particularly data related.
To make it transactional, you'd need to add code to every place where Jira might write to its data store. That's a massive re-engineering project, and Atlassian sees that as pointless. (I don't, but I don't care about the cost or time, I just want more, better, functions. But I've got a massive list of those above making it transactional too)
Fair enough...thanks for the clarification!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.