I'm currently trying to add a link in Jira that's pointing to an anchor in Confluence. It doesn't seem to work since it's simply going to the page without scrolling to the anchor.
I've added the anchor using the macro in Confluence and the syntaxe used for the url in Jira is the following https://xyz.com/display/MNM/Modules+Pages#InstagramFeed
Do you have any idea why it's not pointing to the anchor?
I understand you are new to the forum. Welcome.
When you link to a Confluence anchor from another Confluence instance or from Jira you have to repeat the page name in the URL - it is not particularly intuitive, I am afraid.
Please see:
Link to an anchor from another web page or another Confluence site:
Use a full URL in the following format: <span><a href="http://myconfluence.com/display/spacekey/pagename#pagename-anchorname" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">http://myconfluence.com/display/spacekey/pagename#pagename-anchorname</a></span> http://myconfluence.com/display/DOCS/My+page#Mypage-bottom http://myconfluence.com/display/DOCS/My+page#Mypage-importantinformation Notes about the full URL:
Use a full URL in the following format:
<span><a href="http://myconfluence.com/display/spacekey/pagename#pagename-anchorname" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">http://myconfluence.com/display/spacekey/pagename#pagename-anchorname</a></span>
http://myconfluence.com/display/DOCS/My+page#Mypage-bottom
http://myconfluence.com/display/DOCS/My+page#Mypage-importantinformation
Notes about the full URL:
The page name is repeated in the URL, after the # sign. The second occurrence of the page name is concatenated into a single word, with all spaces removed.
There is a single dash (hyphen) between the concatenated page name and the anchor name.
The anchor name in the full URL is concatenated into a single word, with all spaces removed.
The anchor name is case sensitive.
If the page name contains special characters, where the URL displays a page ID rather than a name, the link to an anchor will look more like this <a href="http://myconfluence.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=54689987#Test-page1!-anchor" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">http://myconfluence.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=54689987#Test-page1!-anchor</a> In this example the page title is Test - Page 1! and the anchor name is anchor.
<a href="http://myconfluence.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=54689987#Test-page1!-anchor" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">http://myconfluence.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=54689987#Test-page1!-anchor</a>
Test - Page 1!
anchor
Hey Ann, this horrible!!!Did nobody file for a bug or an enhancement request yet regarding this Confluence-issue ?
Thanks for asking! Yes, there is an issue open: Anchor syntax is so difficult to use, our users cannot use anchors
Here is the article on how we implement suggestions: Implementation of New Features Policy
I have no idea why, but when I use the anchor links (described in this article), it only works in Edge. In Chrome, it doesn't go to the anchor, just the top of the page.
So in general this works for me. If I copy my Confluence page URL, copy the name part from the end, remove the + signs and prepend that to my #anchor at the end, and use that as a link in my Jira ticket's description, it works. The page loads and takes about 1-2 seconds to pop into place but it works.
However, Jira is also automatically adding a link from the same page in the "mentions by" links area lower down, bc I have also the ticket number in the Confluence page as well. While I can delete that and add my own link it does NOT seem to take or use the URL with the correct anchor. I pasted it in and when I then click it it opens the confluence page but doesn't pop down to my anchor, like the regular description link does.
So for now I'm just manually putting links in the description, but it would be super nice if the auto-link would either auto anchor to the first instance of the ticket number on the page, or allow me to append an anchor someway.
I get the link to an anchor to work perfectly if I paste the URL into the browser. When I use the same link in a story in JIRA it just takes me to the backlog that story is in? Any ideas
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.