I want to transfer an Atlassian Confluence server installation to another server and another database, including all content and addons.
I tried this guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/migrating-confluence-between-servers-184150.html
Basic procedure is:
=> Content is available, addons are not. With jira this procedure works great.
Is there another way to do this besides doing a database backup and restore?
You could go with the procedure you described or you could just move data, export and import database.
We have a copy of our production instances where users can try out add-ons and "mess around".
Let´s say we get a request to test out a new workflow. The script is invoked and all the data from the production servers are copied to the test server (rsync). The database is automatically dumped and imported again at the test server. Sql queries alters mail server settins, licenses and the base url. Finally the test instances are started. All this happens automatically.
The same procedure could be used when migrating servers.
If your are using linux and are interested i could send you a copy of our script.
-Lars
Hello Lars!
Thank you very much for your answer. I suspected, that I have to use the DB dump. I am using Linux for the servers so I am very interested in your script.
Thanks in advance for your support.
Chris
I have made some changes to the script so that it can be shared.
Give me your email and I can send you the script.
You can reach me at c.waidner at phytec.de
BTW - is there a way to send a private message in this forum?
Hi,
I´m sending it shortly. There is no private messages in the community.
i would be greatly appreciated if you could send me the scrip too: carpenterbees (at) gmail.com
And question: is there a way to migrate add-ons from cloud? I mean I have access to web-interface only, I do not have direct access to the DB server or shell.
Thank You.
Hi @Lars Olav Velle
May I also request your script ? Please send it to okan.bekatli at gmail.com
Many thanks.
I have been offline for some time. Today I sent you all a download link to the script.
Enjoy!
Hi @Lars Olav Velle [Kantega Single Sign-on],
I would be very thankful if you could also share your script with me antonzavodovsky at gmail.com
Thanks a lot!
Even we have a similar requirement, can you pass on the script to abhi.mn at gmail.com
Would you mind sharing your script with us? info <at> server <dot> biz
I have tried a manual migration but keep running into problems, after wasting two days I hope to find another way to move servers.
Cheers,
Roy
Hi Lars,
Can you send the script to my mail id vamsiupdates at gmail dot com
Thanks!
Haven't yet received, can you let us know if it was sent from your side.
Can anybody send the script to my mail id vamsiupdates at gmail dot com
Vamsi Krishna
It would be nice to have this script available online rather than asking for an email to be sent.
Whats up with e-mail the script? Are me and CT the only one's who figure this would be better posted publicly? I am pulling my hair out trying to migrate confluence .... Wish I had a copy as well!
Hi Lars!
I would love a copy of your script as well! Could you please send it to me (or a link) to tc225 at cornell <dot> edu.
Hello Lars,
I´ll proceed with a migration and would appreciate if you could send me your script at xapoti@gmail.com
Thank You!
Lars, I would love to get a copy of your script. We use linux servers as well.
swright300 at gmail.com
Hello Everybody!
Can somebody who has got a script post it on Github Gist and share a link here and make sure to credit the authors work?
I can share it too on Github gist if somebody sends it to me on lavakumar.dukanam[at]appfire[dot]com
Thanks,
Lava
Sorry for the late response.
Prerequisite: password-less ssh from prod to test
Change the ID of your user directory accordingly (mine was 10003 back in the days)
https://gist.github.com/larvel/1d7ef5dee5faee9c1930eb50d10dce93
I have since using this started to use docker and docker-compose and do not use this approach anymore, but it used to work flawlessly (even without stopping the services on the production server)
Did this ever get shared to github gist? If so, a link would be awesome!
I think this what they had shared: https://gist.github.com/larvel/1d7ef5dee5faee9c1930eb50d10dce93
Yes, there are multiple links on this page to gist
Hi Lars
Can you share the script with me?
thanks
See the link above to the GitHub gist page.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.