Auto transition from waiting for customer to assign to engineer once reporter comment on ticket
I assume "assign to engineer" is a status in your workflow.
The transition can be setup in the service desk automation settings.
Full explanation can be found here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver038/automating-your-service-desk-935909299.html
Can we perform this with Post function ???
I do not think post function will work because the post function will only be activated when the workflow transition happen. You need a trigger event to make the transition. From what I understand you want to make the status transition when a comment is added.
There is a template available to auto transition when comment is added - see attached screen. (service desk server 3.8.1, should be the same on cloud)
@JIRA Trainer is correct. You should use the Transition on Comment and either refactor it to meet your needs or copy it if you are using that rule already. This should be quite straight forward to do.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.