Hopefully someone might be able to lend a hand. I have what you guys might say is an easy one but damned if I can figure it out.
I have a custom dropdown field (id 12000) with 4 options Critical, High, Medium, Low.
I have a custom free text multi line field (id 12001) that I would like to only show on the create screen when Critial is selected.
I do not have much scripting experience I came across this script listed below and then didn't know where to go. I would like to be able to just paste this into the description of the 12001 field and keep on rolling. any help would be greatly appreciated.
<script type="text/javascript">
priority = document.getElementById('priority');
if (priority) {
target = document.getElementById('customfield_10000');
// Hide the target field if priority isn't critical
if (priority.value != 2) target.style.display='none';
priority.onchange=function() {
if (this.value == 2) {
target.style.display = '';
target.value="enter message here";
} else {
target.style.display='none';
}
}
}
</script>