Has anyone set up a urlrewrite rule or similar to redirect jira.domain.com/ISSUE-123 to the proper jira.domain.com/browse/ISSUE-123 pattern?
I assume this could be fairly straight-forward, are there any any drawbacks?
Care to share your rule if you've done this?
I've found a similar example of doing this at the http server level in the comments of https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-7250
Are you using a proxy? If you are it would be really easy to handle there.
can be but generally no....
It's hard to do it without a proxy, but the later versions of Tomcat may be able to help you
See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-customize-customer-portal-url-in-jira-service-desk-server-847755218.html for the general idea. Just be careful to not redirect anything that isn't an issue key, and you'll need to educate your users that you're doing this.
Oo that looks like what I need probably. I was thinking the rewrite condition would require users to *not* really be aware of this since it would only work if properly formatted... e.g., a regex filter to detect XYZ-1234 (and no trailing /) pattern or similar immediately after the domain...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.