Hi Guys,
Whenever we add a weblink to the jira issue and clicked in the view screen of the issue, it is opened in the current window
But required is when we click, the web link should be opened in new tab or new window .
Thanks
Naveen
Do CTRL+Click (windows)
command+click mac.
Josh,
This is manually we are opening in new tab
Am asking automatically when clicks the link in jira it can open in new tab currently it is opening in the same tab.
I understood, but there's no way to change this.
Hello Josh,
It is possible we have to add the Jquery to announcement banner
i added the following query
and am able to get the weblink in a new window.
jQuery(document).ready(function() {jQuery(".link-title").attr("target", "_blank");
Naveen,
I tried the exact query in the announcement banner and it not work. Can you confirm that it is still working at your end?
Hi Philemon,
You'll need to make sure you have the script tags in there too:
<script>jQuery(document).ready(function() {jQuery(".external-link").attr("target", "_blank");});</script>
Does this work for you?
Cheers,
Keri
try this:
<a target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" href="url">Text_to_Display_to_Users</a>
where do we add the script please ? i'm having the same problem
@Naveen Kumar D P & @KeriThanks a lot for your suggestions, its much appreciated as it would be a feature that would optimise all our team members work flow !!Can u tell me where I should insert the code?Honestly I got no knowledge of where I can find a place within Jira where its possible to insert any code, so your help would be much appreciated.All the Best
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.