Currently when I click on a Trello link (for example, from an email notification I've received about a card) it opens up Trello in my browser. How do I set it up so that it opens my native Trello Mac app, which I have installed?
Hello R.R.S.
At this time, unfortunately, links will continue to open in a browser and not in the desktop app. Currently, there is not a setting to change this. While I don't know if this is a planned implementation of if it's on the radar, I would encourage you to submit this as a feature request by reaching out to 'feature-ideas@trello.com'
Up until recently, i had been able to click a link in a card in the trello desktop app and it would open as a tab in chrome. Now the links open up as blank pages and I have no idea why. I've reverted to using the browser version to skip the step of copy/pasting links. Any idea what's happening here?
Any update for this issue?I'm also looking for a way to always open the desktop app when pressing on a link.
There's a workaround using the third party software Keyboard Maestro:
It's described in another forum post:https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Opening-hyperlinks-to-cards-in-the-Trello-app-not-a-web-browser/qaq-p/640774
You'll have to copy the link though, but upon copying, the rest happens automatically.
Here's my workflow from a recent version of Keyboard Maestro:
See my answer here: http://bit.ly/2GWt8nzShort version: `https://trello.com/...` => `trello://trello.com/...`
Thanks to this answer I thought about using the Redirector chrome extension with this.https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/redirector/ocgpenflpmgnfapjedencafcfakcekcdMy rule looks like this, feel free to save as json and Import (or just copy paste from within):
{ "createdBy": "Redirector v3.5.3", "createdAt": "2020-08-17T02:24:22.784Z", "redirects": [ { "description": "Trello to Trello app", "exampleUrl": "https://trello.com/b/hb2G23rR/sprint-2-5-mvp-4-aug-17-aug", "exampleResult": "trello://trello.com/b/hb2G23rR/sprint-2-5-mvp-4-aug-17-aug", "error": null, "includePattern": "https://trello.com/*", "excludePattern": "", "patternDesc": "Trello to Trello app", "redirectUrl": "trello://trello.com/$1", "patternType": "W", "processMatches": "noProcessing", "disabled": false, "grouped": false, "appliesTo": [ "main_frame" ] } ]}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.