Hello,
I am trying to integrate Confluence 5.6.3 with jira 7.3.3 in dev environment as part of testing before attempting the production upgrade. In our scenario, confluence and stash have JIRA as their User management server. So currently Jira is up and running with version 7.3.3 however now when I took clone of production confluence App server and Database. Confluence App is coming up but when I try to login it doesnt let me and throw the error : "The following error(s) occurred: Sorry an error occurred trying to log you in. Please try again"
Now I thought that maybe I am not able to login because Confluence is not integrated with Jira yet. so tried to add confluence in "JIRA USER SERVER" here it asks only for ip address , passwrod and application name. I am not sure which password it is talking about so I left it blank and then tried to login to confluence and still same eror. I see the following errors in the confluence log:
2017-10-10 12:41:41,383 INFO [scheduler_Worker-6] [atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory] synchroniseCache failed synchronisation complete for directory [ 41779201 ] in [ 499ms ]
2017-10-10 12:41:41,399 ERROR [scheduler_Worker-6] [atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingDirectoryPoller] pollChanges Error occurred while refreshing the cache for directory [ 41779201 ].
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationFailedException: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.ApplicationPermissionException: Forbidden (403) Encountered a "403 - Forbidden" error while loading this page. Go to JIRA home
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.RemoteCrowdDirectory.searchUsers(RemoteCrowdDirectory.java:378)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.cache.RemoteDirectoryCacheRefresher.findAllRemoteUsers(RemoteDirectoryCacheRefresher.java:43)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.cache.RemoteDirectoryCacheRefresher.synchroniseAllUsers(RemoteDirectoryCacheRefresher.java:62)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.cache.AbstractCacheRefresher.synchroniseAll(AbstractCacheRefresher.java:78)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.cache.EventTokenChangedCacheRefresher.synchroniseAll(EventTokenChangedCacheRefresher.java:71)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory.synchroniseCache(DbCachingRemoteDirectory.java:1008)
at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.directory.DirectorySynchroniserImpl.synchronise(DirectorySynchroniserImpl.java:75)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingDirectoryPoller.pollChanges(DbCachingDirectoryPoller.java:50)
at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.directory.monitor.poller.DirectoryPollerJobBean.executeInternal(DirectoryPollerJobBean.java:29)
at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.QuartzJobBean.execute(QuartzJobBean.java:86)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:199)