Hi,
Can we disable Google account login and “Sign up for an account” option from cloud site? If yes please let me know how.
Regards,
Swetha
I've been searching for a way to do this for a long time. My gmail account is not my work account associated with Jira so I will NEVER want to sign in to Jira with a google signon.
I would also want to disable Google login. The use case for us is that we create user accounts for people but then mistakely login with their Google account and then end up with two accounts on our JIRA.
You can refer to https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/112802?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en on how to disable 'sign-ion using google account'
That information is describing how to disconect an account from a Google account. I do not have any accounts connected to my Google account.
If I'm logged into my Google account and log into Jira on another tab, Jira gives me a prompt at the top right of the page to sign in with Google. This is the issue. My Google signon has absolutely no relation to my Jira login so it makes no sense to have that prompt. As someone else noted, having that prompt on the page allows someone to mistakenly select it, then they've got multiple erroneous accounts.
@Brad Hayes did you ever figure out how to stop that prompt?
No, I have not.
Has this been resolved. Can you disable the option to login using Google? Seems like the Jira Cloud is limited to restrict anything.
It is possible. You just need to go to this link and change your email https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/email. You will see a notice that says if you change your email your Google account will be unlinked.
There is a bug if you change emails from Google to Atlassian if it is the same. What I had to do was change it to a different email then change it back.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.