Hi All
I am trying to set-up my test jira instance. However, i observe that the performance (accessing issues, doing searches etc) of my test instance is far slower than my production instance.
The re-indexing also takes thrice as much time as production (30 min as against 10 min in prod)
I performed a disk access speed and the response was very high.
My configurations on test instance (Windows VM and database as MySQL) is identical as my Production instance.
TOTALS
---- ---- ---- ---- ----
stat avg median min max
---- ---- ---- ---- ----
open 312,643 282,903 0 1,971,454
r/w 218,192 204,805 0 6,233,593
close 7,950,142 7,685,733 1 42,521,468
delete 686,339 647,251 0 4,177,542
---- ---- ---- ---- ----
All times are in nanoseconds.
I have also attached the guidelines of disk access speeds suggested by Atlassian
Below is a breakdown of approximate average speeds that can be used to grade the results.
<th>
Statistic
</th><th>
Excellent
</th><th>
Good
</th><th>
Bad
</th>
| Open |
< 40,000 |
< 80,000 |
> 150,000 |
| Read/Write |
< 40,000 |
< 60,000 |
> 100,000 |
| Close |
< 20,000 |
< 40,000 |
> 100,000 |
| Delete |
< 50,000 |
< 200,000 |
> 300,000 |
My question is, how can I improve the performance of my test instance?
Rahul