I see a KB article which talks about changing the content index frequency.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-do-i-modify-the-frequency-of-content-indexing-104300776.html
As they mentioned after extracting jar file, I am not able to find the section in the file "schedulingSubsystemContext.xml"
Can i place this into the file?
Thanks
Swathi
bean id="indexQueueFlushTrigger" class="org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.CronTriggerBean"> <property name="jobDetail"> <ref bean="indexQueueFlushJob"/> </property> <property name="cronExpression"> <value>0 0/5 * * * ?</value> </property> </bean>
Hi All,
FYI -
By default, since Confluence 5.10.x, Quartz isn't used anymore for scheduling periodic jobs. Therefore then the default interval for indexing queue to be flushed had been hard-coded to 5 seconds.
There is no way for you to edit the indexing scheduler without editing the source code and redeploy confluence.
Thanks,
Hi Swathi,
I was able to open the confluence-6.4.1.jar file on my computer and I am able to find the schedulingSubsystemContext.xml file mentioned.
Can you let us know what operating system you're on and what your Confluence version is?
Kind Regards,Shannon
Hello Shannon,
Its not the file that is missing but the section in the XML file.
I also raised request with support : https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/14/CSP-214800
I got the following reply :
Unfortunately because the indexing task is so critical to the functioning of Confluence, we do not provide a way for this schedule to be edited.Editing the schedulingSubsystemContext.xml file falls into the category of "unsupported customisations", so you will be voiding your support warranty if you do thisBy default, since Confluence 5.10.x, Quartz isn't used anymore for scheduling periodic jobs. Therefore then the default interval for indexing queue to be flushed had been hard-coded to 5 seconds.Therefore, I am sorry to inform you that there is no way for you to edit the indexing scheduler without editing the source code and redeploy confluence.
Unfortunately because the indexing task is so critical to the functioning of Confluence, we do not provide a way for this schedule to be edited.
Editing the schedulingSubsystemContext.xml file falls into the category of "unsupported customisations", so you will be voiding your support warranty if you do this
Therefore, I am sorry to inform you that there is no way for you to edit the indexing scheduler without editing the source code and redeploy confluence.
Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.