Hello Atlassian,
I have a Jira system setup that has an external tool that is attempting to use the API to update the workflow status of tickets.
The tool is making API calls like this...
___
127.0.0.1 1194x23586x1 aratouser [08/Oct/2017:19:54:46 +0000] "PUT /rest/api/2/issue/ARATO-6039 HTTP/1.0" 204 - 1198 "-" "-" "15uksdh"
127.0.0.1 1194x23590x2 aratouser [08/Oct/2017:19:54:46 +0000] "GET /rest/api/2/issue/ARATO-6039/transitions HTTP/1.0" 200 2247 108 "-" "-" "7azw1j"
127.0.0.1 1194x23588x2 aratouser [08/Oct/2017:19:54:47 +0000] "PUT /rest/api/2/issue/ARATO-6039 HTTP/1.0" 204 - 1007 "-" "-" "1ra5odm"
127.0.0.1 1194x23592x2 aratouser [08/Oct/2017:19:54:47 +0000] "GET /rest/api/2/issue/ARATO-6039/transitions HTTP/1.0" 200 2247 86 "-" "-" "p59ee4"
127.0.0.1 1194x23591x2 aratouser [08/Oct/2017:19:54:47 +0000] "POST /rest/api/2/issue/ARATO-6039/transitions HTTP/1.0" 204 - 968 "-" "-" "1swpgx7"
127.0.0.1 1194x23593x2 aratouser [08/Oct/2017:19:54:47 +0000] "POST /rest/api/2/issue/ARATO-6039/transitions HTTP/1.0" 400 129 311 "-" "-" "1npdvvk"
___
And then I see an except in atlassian-jira.log, like this...
___
2017-10-08 19:55:11,459 https-jsse-nio-8443-exec-22 ERROR aratouser 1195x23640x2 daukzn 10.20.135.142,127.0.0.1 /rest/api/2/issue/ARATO-6044/transitions [c.a.jira.workflow.OSWorkflowManager] Caught exception while attempting to perform action 11 from workflow 42141 on issue 'ARATO-6044'
com.opensymphony.workflow.StoreException: Error marking step #335416 finished: root cause: Tried to update an entity that does not exist.
at com.opensymphony.workflow.spi.ofbiz.OfbizWorkflowStore.markFinished(OfbizWorkflowStore.java:241)
at com.opensymphony.workflow.AbstractWorkflow.createNewCurrentStep(AbstractWorkflow.java:917)
at com.opensymphony.workflow.AbstractWorkflow.transitionWorkflow(AbstractWorkflow.java:1399)
... etc ...
___
I checked the workflows and ran an IntegrityCheck in the webUI.
And checked the transitions for the issue via the API... e.g.
https://<jira>/rest/api/2/issue/ARATO-6043/transitions
Is there anywhere else I can check to find out what "entity" that API call is trying to update, that doesn't exist?
Thanks,
Matt