I have a corner case that is causing me fits. I happens only when users are on a specific VPN, and even then, only in one situation that we've found (so far).
Steps to re-create:
- Go to any page that has more than one entry in the Page History.
- Click the Tools drop-down (...) and select Page History.
- In the Version column, click any version except the current one.
Result:
- In Firefox, this causes a Content Encoding Error.
- In Safari, it causes a Cannot Decode Raw Data (NSSURL ErrorDomain: -1015) error.
- In Chrome, it causes a 500 error.
I have googled these errors and tried every troubleshooting suggestion in the first 5 or 6 pages. I've verified our database encoding settings meet the Atlassian requirements. I've looked at headers and footers and left nav and everything else I can think of.
I suspect that it has something to do with the proxy servers that traffic is routed through when users are on that specific VPN, but I can't figure out what.
We are on Confluence 5.9.11 Server edition running on Linux/mysql.
Anyone have a thought about this? Thanks!