I'm trying to utilize the built-in Service Desk Automation tool in conjunction with the Create on Transition plug-in.
I'd like to utilize the Service Desk Automation tool for a simple If/Then.
Trigger: Issue Created
If field = y
Then update Issue field, Environment = x.
That works fine.
Then I want to set a custom field on a new issue utilizing Create on Transition. Custom Field will equal the Environment field from the original issue (x).
I have Create on Transition working successfully, however it is not setting this custom field. (It is setting other custom fields successfully.)
If I instead use a Post Function to set the value of Environment, then it works great (but then I can't utilize If/Then conditions.)
So I'm suspecting that this is an order of operations problem. The SD Automation is not running before the Create Issue Post Function.
Does anyone have any ideas about where SD Automation fits within the Post Function operations?