Has anyone ever used developer license for Jira? This is different from production license. I would like to know how we can use this to create multiple instances of dev Jira environment.
All the time. You apply it in exactly the same way as any other licence and you get the same user numbers and end-date in your test system.
Thanks Nic but i think i am not clear with my question i will try again.
I am assuming Jira development instance is independent from Prod and and this dev instance will not be a copy of prod. Do i need to download new Jira server in the license section and then use this dev license?
I know where to use my production license but not sure on which instance to use my dev license.
Go to your "my.atlassian" account and find your production licence. Underneath it, there's a link for "development licence" which will give you a different key to paste into your dev system.
Sorry, I missed the download bit - yes, you will need to download a new Jira and install it, same way you created production.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.