Hi all,
I am new to Jira but learning quickly and I just need to understand how the platform works with regards to reporting and so forth.
Our current process is to have 'Investigate' tickets during a Sprint, during this time we will research the issue or feature for a future Sprint where development and configuration will occur.
What I am curious is how to categorize these tickets. Historically, two separate issues were created, however, all the comments from the Investigate issue are in a different item.
If we keep the same issue open and just change the title but drag it from lets say Sprint 1 to Sprint 2 for development, would this look bad from a reporting standpoint? Like something wasn't completed but instead it was re-opened in Sprint 2?
I also looked at creating a sub-task as well but the same issue will occur where the parent and sub-task will be part of not one, but two Sprints.
Trying to understand how this would look in a reporting perspective and what would be the best way to implement (Continue having two tickets, Refactor the existing 1 ticket, or create a parent and sub-task).
Thank you!