I just clicked on the wrong button using JIRA and workflow started on an issue where it should not have.
Is it possible to cancel a workflow operation on an issue ? Returning to previous state.
You will need to have another workflow transition that takes you back to the previous state. Maybe one that is available only to admins? Or to everyone if this is likely to happen to everyone!
Yup, there's no "cancel" or "undo". To change the status back, go through the workflow back to the correct state.
It would surcharge heavilly the workflow to be able to change any state to any other. And graphically it's not nice. I am admin of the jira server, so I would prefer to be able to cancel a workflow change as admin from a global menu. I guess I can do it from database by hand but I would have prefered to avoid doing it that way.
I can see that when I do move issue, there is a step where you should be able to change the state of the issue. But I do not know why this option is bypassed in my server/project with no possibility to change it. Must be somewhere in configuration.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.