We've noticed our email haven't been coming into our JIRA Cloud instance. I first of all checked the POP / IMAP Mail server we have setup to suck emails out of our GMail host using the 'Test Connection' button. It however failed with the 'AuthenticationFailedException: [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Invalid credentials (Failure)' error (see below).
I then thought someone must have changed the password so I logged in to the GMail website using the credentials but that was OK and let me in.
I tried entering the password into the JIRA form again clicking 'Update' to save it regardless of the failed test connection but the emails remained unread in the inbox.
I followed the instructions I found on https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/authenticationfailedexception-when-connecting-to-gmail-as-smtp-server-744723578.html but the account does not have 2 factor authentication and it does have "less secure access" enabled under the account.
Is there any way to further find out a more specific error, is this happening for other people or does it just impact our JIRA <--> GMail connection? It is difficult to tell which side of the interface is the problem.
Any help would be appreciated.