I have a scripted field fetching data from an external database. This works nicely, but before taking it live, I thought I should check if there are any obvious problems (like using up all memory, opening too many connections to the db, whatever), I should be wary of.
I do use the Database Custom Field plugin (Power Database Fields nowadays) for my normal interactions with the external database, but in this case, I want the current value from the database, not what was saved for the issue the last time, and I don't manage to get that with the DBCF, so I decided to try Script Runner.
I'm making sure I close my db Connection and my Sql in the fetch function, but I'm still worried that something might not be cleaned up properly. If anyone knows any reason why I should stay away from this solution, feel free to point it out.