We are going to have academic version of jira soon, but I cannot find backlog in kanban board on current jira server 7.3.2, so wonder how can I enable it for a demonstration.
Cloud version - no problem.
Thank you in advance.
Quan
Hi Quan,
Use Jira 7.4 (7.4.4 at the moment) for that feature.
Thank you, Sergio, is that feature only available starting server 7.4 ?
Officially I should say YES. But you can also enable it in your version from:
http://yourserveraddres/secure/SiteDarkFeatures!default.jspa
adding this string:
com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.kanplan.enabled
I did what you taught me, but no luck on our current site, should I do anything extra to make it happen? Like restart the server ? or this workaround only applied onto 7.4 + ?
always amazed that why we cannot go latest version since we are becoming licensed client of jira :-(
You can.
As long as your licence is current. You can go as high as the last version released before the end of your licence.
Thank you, Nic. I will keep that in mind and plan for upgrade in the future. The problem is our vendor (not Atlassian, but another company in India) won't upgrade to latest version without another SOW (extra money), so it is all depending on whom you are dealing with. :-)
No, this vendor I mentioned didn't mention any discount on renewals, but just asking for more money for upgrade if we want the latest version.
The software is covered by the licence.
The physical costs of humans doing the upgrade are not.
You'll need to look at that. Personally, I'd be looking at getting a proper provider on-board, one that is Atlassian-familiar and offers regular upgrades as part of the package.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.