I'm trying to open http://localhost:8090/confluence and http://localhost:8090 and I get this:
localhost refused to connect.
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. I'm going through the Dragon Slayer challenge, Stage 3.
Permissions! Though I'm a local administrator, I went all out and set all users to full control (not just modify, though I'm sure modify would have done the trick). I'm in!
Hi, Gabriel!
Nice that you're using the Atlassian Dragon Quest! Let me help you out here. Now, the Dragon Quest is only meant to be used with the versions listed, so they're going to be quite out of date. It's meant to challenge you so there may be some missing pieces that you will need to discover. It's also not meant to be used when setting up a production Confluence instance, so if this is your purpose then you will want to make sure to follow the current documentation on installing Confluence.
Now, I'm not sure which version of Confluence you are installing, but have a look here at my conf/server.xml file from my 6.4.1 installation:
You can see I changed the port 8090 to 8641, so make sure that you still have 8090 next to that connector port if that is the port you want to use. You also want to make sure nothing else is running on that port, or that you don't have another Confluence instance running on the 8000 port, if you had multiple set up.
Additionally, that context path will be blank by default, and just show "" meaning you can only load at localhost from that port. so localhost:8090, for example. If you have Jira *and* Confluence running then you will want to set a Context path there. This would then be "confluence" since that's where you were trying to open Confluence. So please compare what you're using with this file.
One more thing, you want to make sure that port 8090 is open on your firewall.
Let me know if this helps or if you have any questions.
Kind Regards,Shannon
THANKS for your response, Shannon. I've turned my firewall completely off. My computer is not even listening on port 8090. It's listening on 8080 and 8005. I already have JIRA installed. It works fine. Any other ideas? I'd really like to get over this hurdle.
Gabriel,
Can you show me those lines in your server.xml file?
Can you confirm you fully stopped and started Confluence again from inside the /bin folder? You can show me the lines that it tells you after you run stop-confluence.sh and start-confluence.sh
One more thing you can do is look at the Confluence log itself and see what errors occur after the Starting Confluence... message.
I looked in services (since it's supposedly running as a service) and there isn't a service named Confluence. There's only one Atlassian service, and that's JIRA.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.