I am trying to create a backup of the JIRA server that our teams use currently. The problem is that the version they are running is v6.0.4 and has not been updated in quite a while.
I was going to export a backup to another server and then incrementally upgrade them to the latest version of server so that I can export all of the issues to their cloud server. This server has been in use for quite some time so a restore of the entire system is impossible, I must use a csv output file of the issues that they want.
They are planning on just abandoning the server once I can get the projects set up in cloud and the issues migrated over. I have a few limitations in what I can do.
1. I cannot upgrade their in-use 6.0.4 server to any later version. I must do it on another system. They are worried that if I upgrade it they may lose data or the server might crash. I don't want this either.
2. I will take their server backup and restore it to a sandbox of JIRA that I have set up on another machine and follow this upgrade path with the data:
- 6.0.8 -> 6.3.5
- 6.3.5 -> 6.4.14
- 6.4.14 -> 7.2.2
3. They would like a bulk of their issues migrated to cloud by way of a csv file. Export from server to cloud.
4. While performing a full backup export of 6.0.4 I get an error after 5 minutes that points me to this Atlassian ticket: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-20696
I am not coming up with anything useful that I can use on google right now. Is this task even possible with these rules?
Thanks