I need to move a confluence instance from server to cloud. I have exported the confluence site . But the size of the export file is too big to be imported to the confluence cloud instance as a site. Is there any way I can use the same export file and import it space by space into the cloud instance?
Reference :
Migrate from Confluence Server to Cloud
Step 4. Check the size limits
Site import in Confluence Cloud is restricted to a maximum 200 megabytes for the uncompressed XML files inside the backup zip file. This is the 'data size' of the backup. There's no limit to the size and number of attachments.
When you try to do the import, Confluence will inform you if the backup data is too large.
To manually check the data size of the backup:
- Unzip the backup file.
- Sum the sizes of the XML files in the root directory of the zip file (this will be at least the file named
entities.xml and may also include XML files added by plugins).