I am trying to create a custom JQL to get a list of all unreleased versions for a given project along with the start and end date.
fixversion name | start date | end date | Project |
Is this possible in JQL
This is not possible. JQL returns "ISSUES" and issue details. It does NOT return "versions" and version details.
Is there alternate way to to to get custom report like that ?
Amby, you can always view the release/version information within your JIRA project by clicking the Releases link on the left navigation bar. Not JQL but the information is there.
That is convenient only when I have one or two project to look at. I was trying to set a filter for versions for my 7 projects.
There should be convenient way to look at all versions these seven projects are working on.
Not out of the box: You could easily use the REST API to capture these details though, if scripting is an option.
In JQL it's impossible. But you can do it in Java and pass versions list to your report by velocity params
@Amby Nair I had the same idea to show tasks from unreleased versions on my dashboard. I've found an advanced function that could retrieve unreleased versions: unreleasedVersions()
It is available in Jira Software for both Cloud and Server, here is a link to documentation:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-functions-reference-764478342.html#Advancedsearching-functionsreference-unreleasedVersionsunreleasedVersions()
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.