What is Maximum upload size in Confluence ?
The default is 10Mb, but you can change it in Admin -> Attachments. Don't go too large though - Confluence isn't designed to be an upload/download manager or a file repository, and you can get timeout problems with very large files.
Nic, what do you find to be a tolerable maximum? We - large instance with 10's of thousands of pages and attachments - have had it set for years at 100MB with no issues.
I've not seen anything significant up to 100Mb, so that's the highest I tend to set it before I start resisting the requests for higher amounts with any gusto. 250Mb is the point at which the problems tend to start in my expericnce - it's where I start telling people to use proper file storage and not to rely on being able to attach or read files with Confluence.
Oops, I also wanted to say that it's on a file-by-file basis - doesn't matter if you've got hundreds of thousands of large files, it's just that for any one selected large file, you can run into upload/download problems. Most of the time, even much bigger files will work. You just can't *rely* on the upload or download working.
Note that this has changed and the current default is 100Mb and this is true for both server and cloud.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.