Hi,
Our Jira database is running on a sql 2014 and have the collation Latin1_General_CI_AI which is classified as a supported collation by Atlassian according to https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/connecting-jira-applications-to-sql-server-2012-861253047.html
After reading abit about this issue on the community I run the query:
SELECT object_name(object_id) as TableName, name as ColumnName, collation_name
FROM sys.columns
WHERE collation_name != 'SQL_Latin1_General_CP437_CI_AI' AND collation_name != 'Latin1_General_CI_AI'
AND object_name(object_id) NOT LIKE 'sys%'
AND object_name(object_id) NOT LIKE 'queue%'
AND object_name(object_id) NOT LIKE 'file%'
AND object_name(object_id) NOT LIKE 'spt%'
AND object_name(object_id) NOT LIKE 'MSrep%'
which gave the result that 15 tables had changed to the default sql server collation (which is Finnish_Swedish_CI_AS). Why does this happen after an update since everything was set up with the correct collation from the beginning? I read that this was a bug in previous versions (7.0.2 for example) atleast according to this:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-59077
I read on the community that we need to do the following: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-fix-the-collation-of-a-microsoft-sql-server-jira-database-776646810.html
which is extra work and to be honest really bad. What if this would've been production?
Is there any other resolution?