I'd like to show a specific screen that contains a select set of fields to users only when moving specifically from one project to another.
The larger story:
I have a team (A) who uses a project to track their work. When they complete certain kinds of work, it's handed off to another team (B). This team is a non-technical team and resisted incorporating JIRA into their work process, so team A created a second project (Z) and used a transition to clone Project A issues of this specific type into Project Z. This allowed team A to close things on their board as well as (manually) track work they'd given to team B.
Team B liked the board that was created and has since started using JIRA to manage their work. Since they do other work than what team A gives them, they created Project B which has workflows more aligned with their tasks and various issuetypes. Now they want to move the contents of the view-only Project Z into Project B.
- a Project Z issue has a specific set of fields (not existing in Project A) that should be preserved. I've added those fields to the field configuration of Project B.
- Project B has other fields that they'd like all their issuetypes to have, though they want to be the ones to fill in those fields.
What I'd like to do is create a transition in the Project A workflow that, when triggered, creates an identical ticket in Project B (that's the easy part) but prompts the user with a screen of selected fields from Project B (those which were previously the fields of Project Z).
I feel like I should be able to created an issuetype screen scheme which would contain a screen of select fields that could be attached to the either the create or edit screen, but the catch is I want a screen that only shows up during this move–the normal create and edit screens should remain in tact when creating or editing a Project B issue. This is the part where I'm getting stuck and would appreciate advice.