I need to export over 500 Confluence spaces, and I don't have weeks to do it. Naïvely, I thought that I could use the remote interfaces to do it, but the REST API doesn't have the function and the XMLRPC version has been turned off. I am assured that the SOAP version of the same method has somehow survived, but the time required to create a simple SOAP client is more than I can spend, because I don't know how to do it, and my efforts to learn how have not yet borne fruit.
So I'm back to trying to script the UI. I get some encouraging results using a browser extension that lets me compose the requests and send them, but so far, I haven't managed to get them to work.
I sent a POST request to /spaces/doExportSpace.action with the values sent by the form presented by /spaces/exportspacexml.action, but I get a permission-denied response.
The browser is already logged in, so I'm guessing that there's something I'm failing to copy from the login response to my export request. So what is that? I've taken note of a cookie called "seraph.confluence" and the hidden fields in the request form.
I'm getting pretty desperate here; I've taken a week trying to figure out something that should have been an hour's work.
What can you tell me? The objective here is to be able to script hundreds of exports; I've tried everything anyone has suggested in hours of searching, but without success.