I am creating a project for our asset management (very similar to the great example provided by atlassian - http://blogs.atlassian.com/2014/03/jira-asset-management-overview/).
I created a custom project with a custom workflow and entering more and more assets into the system but one thing I am missing is the ability to create a new issue / asset if it does not exist.
I have a label on each asset with a QR code with points to https://<jira>/browse/TAG-NNN.
If I am adding a new asset to the system and glued the label to the asset I would like to be able to quickly create the issue in JIRA by scanning the barcode and then just enter all the details in the newly created asset.
Right now, if the asset is not yet created I receive the error message "Issue does not exist" when accessing the URL. Is there a way to change the behaviour of the project so a new issue with the correct ID is created?