Hi,
we operated confluence 5.6 on port 80 on a Windows server, all worked fine.
Now we updated to confluence 6.4 and after the update Confluence is no longer loading in a browser at all.
We followed the instructions and edited server.xml so that confluence listens to port 8090, then we could load the homepage (with ':8090'), Confluence says we need to update the base URL now. When I click on the provided link to do so, the page won't refresh and Confluence appears to be dead again. Even the start page fails to load. On the server I see that the process "Commons Deamon Service Runner/Atlassian Confluence.0 Confluence250615164334" is constantly using lots of CPU power, up to 80%.
After I reboot the server, the process is going back to 0%.
Whats wrong here, how can I fix this? I'd like to run confluence on Port 80 again, but 8090 is also OK, if that would be easier to fix.
Thanks for your help!
Marc