For now, I have installed the Confluence server manually and am able to edit pages. This is because I was unable to create an instance of my own from this link (https://www.atlassian.com/ondemand/signup/form?product=confluence.ondemand). I provided a valid site name. The text box for my mail ID appears with red boundary and the Start button is greyed out. What am I missing?
You've given it an invalid email address. It can't proceed without a valid email (and you'll need a valid one to create accounts and get important information). Check for invalid characters and extraneous spaces.
The email address field is non-editable for me. I think, it is using my login (a valid email ID) from JIRA.
Could you give us a screen shot? (Please obscure part, but not all, of the email address in there to avoid spam - e.g. if it's Nagesh.Subrahmanyam@somewhere.com, cover the omewhe bit)
Please find attached.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.