I found this article: https://web.archive.org/web/20130501165708/http://wiki.customware.net/repository/display/ATLASSIAN/How+to+delete+filters+and+subscriptions+added+by+other+users which allows me to delete individual filters in the database, is there another way to go about this? Or a way to automatically delete filters of inactive users that are no longer in use? Is there a way to do this within JIRA rather than in the database?
If you have admin permissions in JIRA you can delete shared filters from System > Shared Filters. https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver075/managing-shared-filters-935391875.html
Is there a way to do this for subscriptions, so to unsubscribe inactive users from filters?
No, but once a user becomes inactive email notifications will not be generated for that user. I believe there are feature request to be able to manage subscription from a global standpoint, let me see if I can find it.
Correction, it is possible, but bit of a manual step. If you go to manage filters and then go to details you can manage the subscriptions from there.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.