Following figuring out a production Confluence (v 6.2) installation at my organization was still using the embedded database, I went to attempt to migrate the database to PostgreSQL 9.3. I was following the instructions in "Migrating to Another Database", but during the Upload and Restore steps I keep running into an issue where when I attempt to load the file, either through the web from my computer or with the file placed in the restore folder, I see an error that the session timed out. When I attempt to reload or re-navigate to the Restore from Backup page, I get an Set Up Step Error. The file has correct permissions, and was generated by the instance using the steps in "Manually Backing Up the Site" Directions, but no matter the means, I get the same errors.
As well, when I skip this set up and set up an admin user, I am unable to log into it. This apparently happened on the main install of confluence, and is persisting with the new install I have tried for the database migration. This issue also occurs even if I change the admin username to something other than 'admin'. I have ensured the password was entered the same both in the installation steps and the login, but I continue to not be able to authenticate.
Any help on these issues will be appreciated so I can get this system moved from the embedded database to something more stable and secure.