When I create a new Epic in JIRA there is a drop down for Linked issues and I can not find information anywhere on what those options do depending on what you select. I am attaching a screen shot for further clarity in the hopes someone can tell me what each option does.
There is no behavior specific to them out of the box. They are simply descriptive links that allow you to arbitrarily link issues together.
You may search these issuelinks and certain plugins offer enhanced functionality for them.
For instance, I create fields like Feature Link, similar to Epic Link. I link inputted issues via a custom "Feature-Story Link" that I created. Finally, I display select child issue details on the Feature type. This is all similar to how the Epic type works.
Okay so really unless i set up some outside plug-ins selecting "Blocks" or "Clones" essentially doesn't do anything?
I was less than clear.
Links offer a visual panel on both sides of the issue indicating the issue details and type/direction of the link.
Additionally, you can arbitrarily query 'issue in linkedIssues(JRA-123, "is blocked by")' to be returned a list of blocked issues.
My only intention with my previous comment was to state that the issuelinks are easily extendable to other business processes.
I know this thread is almost 4 years old now but I have the same exact question that was never answered here. What does each option do exactly? In other words, can someone please define what each of these nine options below does?
is blocked by =
blocks =
is cloned by =
clones =
is duplicated by =
duplicates =
is caused by =
causes =
relates to =
Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.