We have no specific plugins (I deinstalled Automation just in case) and a small installation. Other plugins we have are all about HipChat and stuff we don't use, so I hope I am OK in not being concerned with them. I have disabled them all anyway.
Server A has JIRA 6.4.11 on it, Oracle 11.2.x. Done all my backups etc and copied JIRA_HOME to a place on Server B
Server B has Oracle 12c. I have installed JIRA 7.5.0 (latest and greatest, thought I'd try it). It has it's own JIRA_HOME, but using step 3.2 of the migration guide, I've pointed it to my copied 6.4.11 JIRA_HOME. I have created my Oracle DB for Jira to sit in.
I have now reached the end of Step 3.3. Step 3.4 and 3.5 seem straightforward to link to the empty database, but then I need clarification. Step 3.6 says import you XML database. OK I could do that, but it's 6.4.11. At what point do I upgrade it using the rapid upgrade method (or some other way)? It completely misses the need for this in the Migration doc. Or maybe I'm missing something...