Is it possible to execute Selenium in a BitBucket Pipeline for automated functional testing. I'm not sure if this is possible and if it is how a browser is called from a docker image? or do we have to integrate with another system from pipeline such as Browserstack?
Thank You,
Hey @ismail,
It's absolutely possible to run Selenium inside Bitbucket Pipelines, in fact we test bitbucket pipelines itself in this way. I would consider this an advanced setup however and we haven't put together many great resource to help everyone through it.
For the best experience however I would recommend using one of our partners like Browserstack; they even have a repo ready to go https://bitbucket.org/browserstack/bitbucket-pipelines
cheers,
Seb
executing the functional tests in a docker container where the selenium server runs should work in the pipeline without any problems. Did you try out this approach already?
This article may also help users attempting to run Selenium tests in Pipelines without an external service like Browserstack: https://medium.com/@yiquanzhou/run-selenium-ui-tests-in-docker-container-78be98e1b52d
@SebC might you have a link to the actual bitbucket-pipelkines.yml. I'm trying to configure the pipeline to execute selenium tests using java for the driver configuration.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.