So, the question is:
When I delete page versions from the history, do they really / automatically get purged or do i need to do something else? (Some DB SQL command maybe?)
For others desperate / left alone by Atlassian out there:
Sadly the Bob Swift CLI add-on that can selectively delete page versions has problems with our authentication and before I wait another year for our IT to solve that:
I found a really ugly, but straight-forward kludge:
iMacros browser extension (I used the FF one) three-liner (if you already are on the respective history page):
TAB T=1
TAG POS=2 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Delete
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Delete
Set the Loop Max and Manage > Settings > Timeout sufficiently high.
No worries, the script will err when there is no Delete button any more, so the current one will be preserved.
No problem to adapt that to leave some versions,...
Atlassian, please answer the question above!!!
Thanks
G.