Disclaimer: I know very little about Jira in general. I have installed an evaluation verison of Jira Service Desk, but it's very overwhelming.
I'm looking for a ticketing system for my organization of about 110 employees.
Those 110 employees will be able to submit tickets to the IT department and the Maintenance/Facilities department. There are 5 IT employees and 2 Maintenance/Facilities employees who will be agents.
I am more than willing to learn how to do these things on my own, but at this point, I just want to know if the following things are possible:
- Can Jira Service Desk do ticket approvals in this way: approval by the submitter's supervisor (which obviously changes submitter-by-submitter), followed by a specific person (that doesn't change)?
- Do the approvers have to be licenced agents? Or can regular users do approvals, too? (If approvers have to be licensed agents, this would substantially increase our costs.)
- I see that Jira Service Desk has many types of requests: Service Requests, Incidents, Changes, etc. We would not want any of this. Can we disable or at least not use this stuff?
- Is it possible to make it where IT staff don't see Maintenance/Facilities tickets by default?
- Is it reasonable to use Jira Service Desk for Maintenance/Facilities tickets, or is Jira Service Desk specifically built around IT tickets?
- Can we make it where users can't cancel their tickets?
- Can we disable SLA features altogether?
- Can we make it where users cannot edit their full name in their user profile?
As I said, I'm not looking for a step-by-step; I just want to know if the above is possible and reasonable.
Thank you.