I just allowed SourceTree to upgrade to 2.3.1 and my team's BitBucket repository immediately stopped working for me. I get this error as soon as I click Pull (Fetch is disabled):
[SCREENSHOT IN REPLY BELOW]
Error
*** failed to import extension sourcetree_auth from C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\SourceTree\app-2.3.1\extras\hget\sourctree_hg_auth.py: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ...
abort: http authorization required for https://bitbucket.org/...
Just to see, I tried copying that .py file over from app-2.1.11\extras\hgext (both with and without its .pyc file) and that yielded a different, very uninformative error:
[SCREENSHOT IN REPLY BELOW]
Error
abort: authorization failed
SIDE NOTE: Please note that Ctrl+C does not work with SourceTree's messageboxes, so I had to either use Alt+PrtScr here or manually retype the whole message. This could make it harder for others to find information online about errors they encounter. (To avoid this issue, I've done both.)
SIDE NOTE 2: Pasting screenshots into your image uploader worked fine on my screen, but when I clicked Publish, I got many repeat copies of my first screenshot, and everything after it got blown away. (Fortunately, I had used Ctrl +A Ctrl+C to "back up" to clipboard first.) I tried editing the post, saving my screenshots to disk first, then using the visible controls on the image uploader. That didn't work either, so I moved the images into separate replies.
WORKAROUND: Fortunately, your website still had 2.1.11 as the downloadable version, so I uninstalled SourceTree and then reinstalled that older version. I'm back up and running now, but afraid to update.