Using a script how can I create a repository? My bitbucket server allows me to use these types of urls :
https://mybitbucket.com/rest/api/1.0/projects
I tried to use:
curl -s -u {user}:{passwd} -k --header "Content-Type: application/json" -X PUT "https://mybitbucket.com/rest/api/1.0/projects?name=newproj&permission=REPO_WRITE"
For this one the reply was: Oops, you've found a dead link
The path where a project already exists is:
https://mybitbucket.com/scm/int/edep.git
Similarly I want to create a project named newproj
Hi Laci,
The reference for the REST API is located here. If you want to create a new project you'll need to use POST (instead of PUT) and pass the project data along in JSON format. PUT is used to update existing projects.
The same applies for creating repositories inside of projects.
Cheers,
Christian
Premier Support Engineer
Atlassian
More recently, we can just use bitbucket-cli.
bitbucket-cli
Install it using pip
pip
pip install bitbucket-cli
Then create a repo using
bitbucket create --private --protocol ssh --scm git YOUR_REPO_NAME
Note that this creates a private git repo, you can use --public for public access and --scm hg if you use Mercurial. Username argument can be added via --username YOUR_USER_NAME.
--public
--scm hg
--username YOUR_USER_NAME
Thanks to Stephen
FYI as of Oct 27 2019 it appears that the APIs that `bitbucket-cli` uses are deprecated: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/bitbucket/deprecation-notice-v1-apis/
Leading to this error:
{"type": "error", "error": {"message": "Resource removed", "detail": "This API is no longer supported.\n\nFor information about its removal, please refer to the deprecation notice at: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/bitbucket/deprecation-notice-v1-apis/"}}
Hi Christian,
I was trying with the below command. Everything worked without error. But the repository was not created.
curl -s -u {username}:{password} -k --header "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST "https://mylocalrepository/rest/api/1.0/projects/{projectKey}?name=test2&permission=REPO_WRITE"
Could you please help me?
Thanks in advance,
Atul
Hi Atul,
I would recommend adding the -v option to the curl command, that should show you any error that occurs (curl hides them by default).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.