I've had AD Integration working previously but for some reason it is now failing, somewhat. I have users loaded from AD in Jira and I can run a test authentication, however my synchronization task is failing. I can't seem to figure out what the issue is. Obviously the server IP is right, the LDAP lookup account is right as I can authenticate. I just can't figure out why the synchronization is failing.
in catalina I get this error:
2017-09-11 18:59:24,378 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory] INCREMENTAL synchronisation for directory [ 10001 ] starting
2017-09-11 18:59:24,378 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory] Attempting INCREMENTAL synchronisation for directory [ 10001 ]
2017-09-11 18:59:24,378 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.c.d.ldap.cache.UsnChangedCacheRefresher] After restarting, full sync of directory [10001] is necessary before incremental sync is possible.
2017-09-11 18:59:24,378 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory] Incremental synchronisation for directory [ 10001 ] was not completed, falling back to a full synchronisation
2017-09-11 18:59:24,378 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory] INCREMENTAL synchronisation for directory [ 10001 ] was not successful, attempting FULL
2017-09-11 18:59:24,406 CrowdUsnChangedCacheRefresher:thread-1 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.c.d.ldap.cache.UsnChangedCacheRefresher] found [ 38 ] remote users in [ 28ms ]
2017-09-11 18:59:24,417 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteChangeOperations] scanned and compared [ 38 ] users for delete in DB cache in [ 10ms ]
2017-09-11 18:59:24,417 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteChangeOperations] scanned for deleted users in [ 10ms ]
2017-09-11 18:59:24,418 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteChangeOperations] scanning [ 38 ] users to add or update
2017-09-11 18:59:24,418 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.crowd.directory.DirectoryCacheImplUsingChangeOperations] scanned and compared [ 38 ] users for update in DB cache in [ 1ms ]
2017-09-11 18:59:24,418 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.crowd.directory.DirectoryCacheImplUsingChangeOperations] synchronised [ 38 ] users in [ 1ms ]
2017-09-11 18:59:24,418 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory] failed synchronisation complete for directory [ 10001 ] in [ 40ms ]
2017-09-11 18:59:24,454 Caesium-1-2 ERROR ServiceRunner [c.atlassian.scheduler.JobRunnerResponse] Unable to synchronise directory
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationFailedException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationFailedException: org.springframework.ldap.CommunicationException: Request: 2 cancelled; nested exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Request: 2 cancelled; remaining name 'ou=groups,dc=dcblox,dc=com'
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.cache.UsnChangedCacheRefresher.synchroniseAllGroups(UsnChangedCacheRefresher.java:233)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.cache.AbstractCacheRefresher.synchroniseAll(AbstractCacheRefresher.java:59)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.cache.UsnChangedCacheRefresher.synchroniseAll(UsnChangedCacheRefresher.java:163)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory.synchroniseCache(DbCachingRemoteDirectory.java:1186)
at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.directory.DirectorySynchroniserImpl.synchronise(DirectorySynchroniserImpl.java:74)
at com.atlassian.jira.crowd.embedded.JiraDirectorySynchroniser.synchronizeDirectory(JiraDirectorySynchroniser.java:77)
at com.atlassian.jira.crowd.embedded.JiraDirectorySynchroniser.runJob(JiraDirectorySynchroniser.java:52)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.runJob(JobLauncher.java:153)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.launchAndBuildResponse(JobLauncher.java:118)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.launch(JobLauncher.java:97)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService.launchJob(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:443)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService.executeClusteredJob(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:438)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService.executeClusteredJobWithRecoveryGuard(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:462)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService.executeQueuedJob(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:390)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService$1.consume(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:285)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService$1.consume(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:282)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.SchedulerQueueWorker.executeJob(SchedulerQueueWorker.java:65)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.SchedulerQueueWorker.executeNextJob(SchedulerQueueWorker.java:59)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.SchedulerQueueWorker.run(SchedulerQueueWorker.java:34)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationFailedException: org.springframework.ldap.CommunicationException: Request: 2 cancelled; nested exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Request: 2 cancelled; remaining name 'ou=groups,dc=dcblox,dc=com'
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:192)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.cache.UsnChangedCacheRefresher.synchroniseAllGroups(UsnChangedCacheRefresher.java:214)
... 19 more
Caused by: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationFailedException: org.springframework.ldap.CommunicationException: Request: 2 cancelled; nested exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Request: 2 cancelled; remaining name 'ou=groups,dc=dcblox,dc=com'