In the log directory I have 4 atlassian-jira.log files:
atlassian-jira.log
atlassian-jira.log.1
atlassian-jira.log.2
atlassian-jira.log.3
Does anyone knows why? Can I delete one of them?
Dear Anna,
This has to do with the log rotation. As you can see, Atlassian-jira.log 3 is the oldest one and all logs are about the same size.
This can have three reasons;
This is normal behavior and you can indeed delete the older logs if you are no longer going to use them. This will not cause any harm other than the logs being removed. In your case, you can see that there is a size threshold active. Your logs will not grow too big.
Friendly Regards,
Jeremy Mooiman
https://www.prepend.nl
Thank you Jeremy,
Do I have to shutdown the server to delete atlassian-jira.log.3?
Regards,
Anna
I have deleted 2 of the log files without stopping server. It is working properly.
Thank you
Glad to see it has been resolved! I was out of office at the time you had written your first answer :-). And indeed, the older log files are not being written to anymore by JIRA. They are ''done''. So JIRA has no active interaction with them anymore.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.