this is my question https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/jwilder-NGINX-proxy-issue-with-Confluence/qaq-p/637784
I edited formatting and my question marked as spam
@Gaurav Dubey thank you for the alert! I have released your post from the spam quarantine. Sorry about that.
So, do you guys regularly check for spam that isn't spam or do we need to create a new question to get it removed from spam? I just had this happen to me, and all of these kinds of questions don't say "we regularly check the spam folder and fix any non-spam questions".
Maybe what you guys could do is, on the page that shows the spam tag (and no question) is have a message that explains why a message is showing as spam. From there, give us an email address to contact; this would maybe clear up some frustration and stop people from posting "why is my questions in spam" questions.
@mhulse moderators and admins do check the spam quarantine regularly -- I just released your post from quarantine.
We're working to improve the experience by posting some kind of message for you when your post is being held for moderation (rather than just sucking your message into the void). We're also making some improvements on the back-end so it's easier and faster for us to moderate content. Not sure of the timing on these fixes, but they are coming.
Adding some kind of way for you to ping an admin is a good idea too! For future reference, communitymanagers@atlassian.com will work.
And I will add some information about this to the FAQ in the meantime.
This is something I raised at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/COMMUNITY-59 ages ago, and is still in progress, although the focus is on improving the filters rather than documenting them for us.
Some of the spam-weighting rules are clear - similar or identical posts in several places, short posts with no real content, etc, but the usual one is stuff with lots of links or code in it. That's easy for us humans, at a glance we can see if it's relevant to a question, but spam filters don't understand content, so they struggle.
As for checking, yes, Monique and her team do check, and so do a lot of the champions. But it's a dedicated list, so when I remember to do it (either because of a post asking, or a reminder like yours here, or as part of the routine), it's a single slightly-more-than-daily check, so things can wait another 24 hours before I get to them!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.