I have some pages that I do not want to show in the page tree in my side bar. I am linking to these pages from one single page that has about 8 icons on it. Each icon will open one of the pages that I am trying to hide.
I first tried to hide them in my _InclusionsLibrary. That hid them until I clicked on a link and it opened the page. When the page opened (as it should) the sidebar displayed the _InclusionsLibrary. I do not want the _InclusionsLibrary to show.
I researched and found the orphan pages option. I thought this might fix my issue because now I could hide the pages at the root level and they did not have to be hidden inside my _InclusionLibrary - so surely when the pages are accessed the _InclusionLibary won't display in the side bar. So I created orphan pages and that worked well until I clicked on a link, and once again the sidebar still displayed the _InclusionLibrary and now it also displays the orphaned page that I am on. So now I'm right back where I started.
It seems that if you hide pages at the root level through orphans or inclusions, when one of those pages is accessed the left nav wants to show all root level pages...any idea how I can control this? I'd like to keep my page tree on display, but not show any root level pages. I don't want my users to ever see the hidden section of documentation.
Thanks.
Laura